Thursday, August 25, 2011

Nursery: Phase 1

This last weekend Pam & Reed came up to Seattle to help us get a bit more organized in life and work on the nursery.  Fortunately, we had a bit of downtime to relax and catch up, too. 


Here's Drew on Friday night working to get the nursery primed. I have to admit the smell of the primer was not very appealing to me - I let Drew tackle this project all on his own.




On Saturday morning, Pam & I got to work on actually painting the walls.  Pam was as precise as ever with her trim work while I got to be a little more haphazard with the large roller.  While Pam & I worked on painting the nursery, Drew and Reed worked on the basement stairs project that has been pending for the last 2 years!  Now all we need to do is paint the trim on the stairs and that project should be complete as well (anyone want to put an over/under bet on how long it takes until that gets done?!).



The new 4 in 1 crib - should last Little Man from birth through elementary school (so long as either he, or Steve & Wilson, don't do too much damage between now and then).



After a long day of slaving away, Reed and Drew took on a whole new project - smoking beer can chickens.  Don't ask, I have no idea...all I know is that dinner was incredible!  It was definitely exactly what we all needed after working so hard all day long : )

We not only had a very productive weekend, but a great time as well!  A huge thanks to Pam & Reed for helping us get a bit more prepared for Little Man's arrival! 

No comments:

Post a Comment