Monday, November 14, 2011

5 lbs!

A couple more milestones were reached today - not only did Cole reach 5 pounds, he also had his first full feeding from a bottle!  Our nurses have explained to us that a close comparison to a preemie taking a full feeding from a bottle is us running a marathon.  Cole was exhausted for the rest of the day (barely opened his eyes for either Drew or I), but it was still an amazing step - once again Cole has managed to amaze me : )

Here are a couple photos over the last few days...

11/12/2011
On Saturday, Drew's Uncle Karl stopped by the hospital on his way to a meeting in Seattle. Cole and I had a pretty bad night on Friday that seemed to carry over to Saturday morning.  As soon as Karl got a hold of Cole his numbers stabilized and all was well once again. I think I know who I'll be calling the next time Cole decides to cause a panic attack! 
11/13/2011 - starting to look a bit more like Mom. My family can all attest to the fact that I had the chubbiest cheeks of all times - looks like Cole might have inherited that trait from me : )
11/13/2011
11/14/2011




2 comments:

  1. He's absolutely adorable and I am glad to hear things are staying positive and Cole's getting stronger each day.

    Thinking of you both! Take care. You are already Super Parents in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete