Thursday, November 10, 2011

Dad Time

Cole and I had quite a night on Wednesday, so I can't help but share. It was supposed to be a special night in that I had planned to do his first bottle feeding at his 8 o'clock feeding, but I had no idea what was in store. You always do a diaper change before feeding, so I started on that when I got there. Nothing new, pretty standard diaper, but about halfway through, I caught a smile on his face and next thing I knew there was projectile poop exiting all over clothes, legs, medical equipment and me. The nurse came back a couple minutes later to observe the mudroom Cole had created and quickly went to grab the bathtub. While I was trying to do damage control and clean up a little bit, he iced the cake with a solid squirt of liquid on my shirt. We had to throw out the monitoring leads and security bracelet. Nice Cole.

The good news is that I got to give Cole his first bath! He is definitely a fan of bath time, so it was fun to see him enjoying it. We didn't get any pictures of the bath time, but our nurse Sara got a few shots of drying off time. And guess who peed on me again when I was changing him from towels back to diaper. Three biological events in one night is definitely a crash course in baby changing.

So at 9:15 (75 minutes late), Cole got his bottle and did great. Here are some pictures of the aftermath.



2 comments:

  1. Fatherhood can be a scary adventure, Drew. I'm glad you persevered (even without a haz-mat suit) so you could enjoy the bonding experience of feeding your cute bundle--those are precious moments. Take care & thanks for the great blogs, Karl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! Lol glad to see your little guy is right on track! Keep up the good work Cole!

    ReplyDelete