Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Grandma Dee

On July 26th, our family lost a great member.  Dee Hadley, the last of my grandparents, passed away from complications from leg surgery.  It was very hard to take the news, but we've definitely focused on the positives of all she was able to accomplish in life and how many people she affected.  I'm also able to take solace in the fact that I had so many quality years with her.  Growing up a few blocks away leads to a lot of time together, whether it was playing cards, helping around the house or just going over for dinner.  I have so many fond memories of time with my grandparents, so the only sadness I have is that there will be no more.

We traveled to Longview in June to introduce Cole to Grandma Dee.  I am so grateful we were able to do to that as she was delighted to spend time with him.  It gave us all one more chance to tell her we loved her and share some quality time together as it was becoming apparent her time was getting shorter.

Overall its been a tough year for our house with 3 Grandmothers passing in short time.  However, to look at the other side, Cole was very lucky to have met 3 (and soon to be 4) great-grandparents.  That is something not many have the opportunity to do.

To close, Dee's memorial was wonderful.  My sister, Melissa, spoke and did an incredible job of capturing a lot of the love I had for grandma.  She also had a number of other family members and a couple of friends say some wonderful words.  If you're interested in hearing more about Dee, here is an article written by The Daily News in Longview on Dee's life.


No comments:

Post a Comment