Thursday, September 22, 2011

Around Utrecht

Here are some photos from my first trip around Utrecht on Sunday. I rented a bicycle for the month (photo to come later, you will be jealous) and headed out to find the only supermarket open on Sunday. I had drawn a path on a tourist map, but promptly got lost (I also left the map at home). Luckily the phone I was given has googlemaps, so I biked and GPS'd my way to the Albert Heijn. Here are some pictures from my trip.

Interesting bridge off in the distance

Some buildings along the canal I biked

Picture of the canal with some people driving a "water bike"

Man taking his child somewhere. I've seen as many as three kids on one bike. One up front, two in back. And the man driving was in a full suit, so its not necessarily a poverty thing. Just standard culture.
Waiting for the rain to subside, I stopped by a cafe for a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment