Monday, September 26, 2011

Em's thoughts on Amsterdam...

I had the opportunity to gchat with Kate a bit last night but wanted to let you all know I arrived safe and sound (obviously). We had a fabulous/exhausting weekend in Amsterdam (probably the most exhausting aspect was trying to constantly hold my breath to avoid 2nd hand smoke (both from cigarettes and from pot))!

It was a great experience overall with TONS of walking and exploring, but I think I can definitely cross Amsterdam off of my list - Drew and I agree, probably no reason to ever really go back. While it was gorgeous, there's a reason why Amsterdam is the #1 destination in Europe for bachelor and bachelorette parties! I felt old there...very, very old... I imagine if I had been able to sit and enjoy a glass of wine, or 2 or 3, at one of the endless number of sidewalk cafes, I would have enjoyed it more. Just doesn't seem the same ordering water and people watching....

Much love!
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment