Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Dad's first diaper

During last night's goodnight visit I was getting all ready to change Cole's diaper when Drew decided he wanted to take care of this one.  Little did he know what he was getting himself into!  The fabulous news is Cole finally had his first bowel movement (while I realize this is something most parents don't get too excited about, this was a HUGE milestone for Cole!!!!).  While Drew and I were celebrating this moment (I have to admit, I never, never thought I would tear up when my son went poop!), the nurses were laughing at us while Cole was peeing EVERYWHERE!!!!  We really were a site to be seen...  Unfortunately, in all the mayhem I didn't even think to get out a camera to capture Drew's first diaper change - I will truly regret not capturing this one specific moment - it will be a great memory for a long time!

Drew visited Cole this morning on his way into work and the nurse said Cole actually put on some weight yesterday!  Again, we're moving in the right direction : )  Today's billirubin count had not yet come in, but with the light therapy and the bowel movements the number should definitely be decreasing at an even quicker rate.  Mom and I are heading to the hospital shortly for our afternoon visit - I'm anxious to see where we stand. 
We found Cole's foot prints last night during our visit - I don't think either of us really appreciated just how tiny his little body is

Cole sleeping like I do...love, love, love this picture : )

1 comment: