Sunday, October 2, 2011

More Utrecht Photos

Just returned from Amsterdam airport where I took Em to head home. It was great having her here (even though I think she got a little bored when I was working) and we had a lot of fun when I wasn't working. Going to be a long week and a half until I head back, but I just booked Munich for next weekend so I'll have something to look forward to.

Here are some photos Emily took from around Utrecht while she was exploring on her own. I told her I'd get these up before our photos from Prague (only 200 to sort through). The city really is a great place and a nice pace of life compared to the craziness of Amsterdam and Prague.


The Dom Tower
Church attached to the Dom Tower. Apparently part of it was destroyed in a hurricane a few hundred years back. Random to have a hurricane out here, but who am I to discredit this legend.




Narrow streets and cobblestone roads everywhere. No need for anything bigger when all you do is bike and walk.


More street shots.





Bike parking outside of the train station. There are about 10 rows of these things and always packed.




Windmill at a park near my flat.



Canal next to my flat. These houseboats are usually two level (yes, they have basement submerged).


No comments:

Post a Comment